Starting issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just the pickup or the whole stator? cuz i dont really have the funds for a stator lol

take it to the dealer while it is on the bike and have them test the stator and pick up coil. It costed me $15.00 to do it to mine, then I went online and ordered what ai needed(which was everything). They only test ohms if you take it out but if you leave it in they cand also check volts and amps.

so i havent touched the warrior in a long time but just ordered a new pick up yesterday. So hopefully have it before the weekend and try to get this bad boy goin so i can tear up my icy pond!!!!

yeah it came in this morning along with my new battery. so putting it on tonight. will update

well adjusted the valves last night. ANDDDDDDDDDDDD it still wont start. So gonna find a compression tester and see what i get there.

Found out my timing was completely The opposite what it should be lol. Im thinking when i installed new rings last year i pointed the arrow on the cam gear to the crank and not up towards teh nipple. So i fixed that READJUSTED the valves. And still no start. Pulled the plug and had spark, didnt get a compression tester but i have a lot of air coming out the plug hole when its out and good air coming out the exhuast when it is trying to start.

Now i read somewhere about the intake making getting deeper tone when trying to start when you hold it wide open???????

mine doesnt do that.

Somebody help me before i drop this piece off a clifff!!!!!!!!!

Well did you buy a whole new stator or just the pick up? Do you have a very steady constant dark blue spark when you try and start it with the plug pulled? Any holes in your carb boot?

Well did you buy a whole new stator or just the pick up? Do you have a very steady constant dark blue spark when you try and start it with the plug pulled? Any holes in your carb boot?

Yes and Yes running the damn clamp on K&N made a year old boot crack. But i sealed it up real good with RTV and havent put the seat on so it should be sealed pretty well. Plus ive had a cracked boot before (worse than it is now) and it still ran.

No, as in its not getting any to where it needs to go. Your air to Fuel mixture could be off.

If you swear you have proper constant spark and your air system (air box all the way through the exhaust) is all in tact only think it could be is a fuel issue. Either your not getting any or not enough.......or to much.

What exactly does it do when you try and start it, just crank and crank? Spraying starting fluid does nothing? All the internals of the engine are fine?

Back