starting issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xj4m3

Reaction score
ok guys its all back together and running like a champ but it never wants to start. it will crank for days but never start. It has tons of spark and is getting fuel and runs excellent after you get it started. To get it started it A. it either has to be pop started, or B. started on the charger only on 200 amp. If its on 10 or 40 amps it wont start. The Battery is new and tests out perfect. everynow and then it will kind of backfire through the carb when cranking but never start. IT starts immediately on the charger or when pop starting. any ideas?

shouldnt be bad, it got a new stator & cdi from ricks about um..10hrs of ride time ago. also when its cranking under its own power and trying to start it has a ton of spark. could it still be?

There are actually other things it could be but I would ohm out those two coils at the stator first. That will give you a good indacator where to go next. Mine still had spark to but it was at the wrong time.

ok ill try that, I know what youre saying as it backfires in the carb every now and then, maybe the 200 amp start just spins it over fast enough that theres still spark lingering as the valves are shut. i first thought timing but it runs just fine when its started so i kind of ruled that out. well ill check it out and go from there

What if you pull out the choke halfway? Mine sometimes has trouble starting even on warm days if the choke's not pulled out halfway.

Back