Starting issues. Electrical narrowed down! Identify these parts please =)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeoliver

Reaction score
Removed from a 1996 warrior project.
After riding the warrior for a bit it fails to engage the starter sometimes. I narrowed it down to one of these by tapping on them while pressing the starter button. Yesterday my son was riding it stalled it out, and tapping no longer worked. So since I cant seem to identify what these are or where to get replacements. Any input would be great thanks..

2011-11-21_09-10-16_387.jpg

2011-11-21_09-10-33_114.jpg

Their relays. You can find them online. Possabley at an auto parts store?

Yeah I figured they were relays but for what? Everytime Ive tried searching for relays I get the starter relay only, and nothing like this. I guess Ill try the auto parts store. Would be great if I could find something local. Thanks.

There is a free manuel on here. Download that and look in the back at the electrical section. there just harness relays. I don't know exactly which one does what. If you part seacrh them there just listed as RELAY ASSY

One is the neutral light relay....the other is the starter relay,..which is the culprit.....the one closest to the solenoid is the starter relay...

Later

Thanks fella's the greenish one is the neutral light, the white is the starter relay, the white one is toast, swapped them and the quad fired right up but no nuetral light. Now Ive gotta track down another one. On further inspection the white relay's case is broken.

Back