Starting issue..

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04Warrior04

Reaction score
Well then, I bought a new relay and a new starter. It still just pops the relay when i try to start it. I must be in the wiring. The bolts under the battery are rusted on now. Please someone tell me whats wrong.

Pops the relay? Relays don't exactly work that way, do you mean pops the fuse? Relays have an electromag-coil inside that pulls on an internal switch to complete a circuit. The contacts in them will sometimes go bad or "burn" & the circuit doesn't complete. If infact you are popping a fuse, check for a chaffed wire in the circuit somewhere, it's likely touching the frame & shorting to ground, which will pop it. Good luck, wires kick my ass! I hate wiring, lol!

^^ actually if you have a low batt or bad conections it will "pop" like you snaped your fingers but a lower tone and its the ssilinoid saying either theres a low batt or bad connection or the motor is locked my gess is bad batt connections take the batt cables off clean them with a wire brush till its all clean blow the dust aay bolt it all back up and tryit if it still wont start wack the starter with a hammer a fewtimes and then try it if it works then you have a bad spot in your starter and the only way around it is to change it out with a new one

READ Lol I bought a brand new starter. I hooked 50Amp to the plugs with no battery and the starter relay or what ever you wana call it just clicks.

Then you have a bad connection somewere or a bad starter relay try using a screwdriver and short the terminals on the starter relay if it cranks with ease its probably the relay

READ Lol I bought a brand new starter. I hooked 50Amp to the plugs with no battery and the starter relay or what ever you wana call it just clicks.

Ooooh, that's right, Yamaha calls the solenoid a relay, sometimes I forget the terms they use. A clicky clicky is usually a low voltage or bad connection issue. You said the cables were all crusty right? Start there.

Brand new relay like i said before, but it must be in the wiring somewhere. so ill find out how to get those damn bolts out, and trace the wires to the starter and clean everything.

Back