Starting issue

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I bought this 1996 warrior for dirt cheap, It was really really hard starting. You would crank it forever and it wouldnt even sound as though it was even attempting to start. And other times it would start right up. There was no improvement after it was warmed up either. So I checked and adjusted the valves and cleaned the carb twice. This made a small improvement but not much. The other day I went to start it and the starter crapped out on me, The magnets around the outside were all busted up and finally locked the starter up. So, I bought a used starter off of e-bay and put it on today. Now the quad starts up all most instantly. I think the starter was sorta "robbing" power from other sources to turn the motor over. I must add, that with the old starter the motor still turned over just fine, meaning, not real slow or anything to suggest that the starter was bad at all, and it looked as though the spark was fine to. I just found this a bit odd and thought I should share it with all of you. Anyone else ever have a similar issue?

Back