Starter Relay Help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04Warrior04

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls, My warrior needs some help. When I hit the starter the relay just pops once. The battery is ok had it on a jumper and it would do the same? Is it the relay thats bad? I've also tried jumping the post and nothing?

Also when i throw it into reverse itll role over once or twice so I think it shouldnt be the starter.

Last edited:
And to add to the problems I need to put new gaskets on the top end just bought the kit. Anything I can do to clean it up while im in there?

jumping the post should make your starter crank over if it didn't, pull your starter and bench test it, or an autoparts store should be able to bench test it for free

nope turns with ease..but thanks for the offer. I think it's the terminals on the battery. After I took the starter off it slowly roles over.

A multimeter is your best friend now if the starter is good.. Check power on the starting circuit, the solenoid theres 2 smaller wire on it, one that goes from the cdi To the solenoid.. Then another wire from the solenoid to the start button then gets grounded after the start button... When that continues it's electricity flow cdi-solenoid-start button-ground the solenoid gets activated and cranks the starter... I just had the same problem turned out to be the neutral, reverse, clutch switches being faulty and that stopped the cdi from sending power to the solenoid

Thanks, The starter will slowly turn over now and then. So it's getting power for sure. I already order a Relay a couple days ago and I will try that first.

The little plastic relay ur talking about? Right beside the solenoid? Looks greenish if I remember right

Well the solenoid then. whatever it is that is clicking..lol Thats what i ordered. You have me confused now

you may want to make sure your battery is FULLY charged also, put it on a slow charge for a day while you are waiting for your solinod to arrive

already did the relay hits good now since its new but the battery is shot. I left it on for two days and nothing. Any good places to get a decent battery?

Back