Starter clutch

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happydad08

Reaction score
Should the gear that mounts to the starter clutch come off with the magneto? And if so is it supposed to be hard to get apart?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

that's usually a sign that the one way bearing(starter clutch) is bad or froze up when the gear is stuck they normally should come apart by hand if not separately off the crank shaft

Does it spin freely one way and not the other still?
I have been able to clean and free up a stuck starter clutch before with PB Blaster and then lubed it really good with 3 in 1 oil and never had any issues with it after that

No its not supposed to, mine did it a while back and the best way to get it apart is to take the starter clutch off of the flywheel and put a rag over a flathead screwdriver and apply light pressure to it and it should pop loose, but if you use too much force it could damage the one way bearing

Thanks!!! Got it apart the clutch wont spin at all!! But cant get the screws out to take it off! About broke my hand trying to get them off

Take the flywheel to a mechanic and he will use an impact gun to get em out. That's what I did. In return he asked me to buy his guys coffee.

Yes they are a bitch! Put it in a vise and nothing. Gonna take it to a buddy's shop and impact it is! I did try your trick yamahauler it freed up but spins both ways!

Back