starter clutch

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudbogginsouthernboy

Reaction score
Okay guys i got to replace my starter clutch and the six bolts that hold it in there in there good and i stripped them out and i'm goin to have to drill them now were do i buy the bolts i've been looking everywhere and cant find it if somone has a link they could give me it would be awesome! thanks

shoulda used a impact gun.

Impact doesn't really work either. I still had to drill four of mine out

I got some at Ace hardware. M8x1.25 12mm long, my dealership wanted like 2.80 a bolt. I just laughed all the way out. I think I spend like 5 bucks at ace

You need to drive them in tight with a hammer BEFORE you try turning them. I just swapped out mine. An easier method then drilling is to use an extractor socket, if you have one. If not, some auto parts stores have em. Takes em right out;)

It's hard to get those bolts my parts stores don't have them and my yamaha store don't either so no I gotta drive a hour and 30min just to get six bolts

When I get bolts what do I have to put in it can I put a hex head bolt in it or the same that came out of it

Hex will not work because you can not fit a socket around it to tighten it down

Back