starter clutch

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffbad247

Reaction score
I will be changing my starter clutch I wanted to know if its a big job and is ebay a good place to fine one .I assume i will need gaskets too . i search the forum and lots of info but some of the other post i read was old .thanks

Got mine from cheap cycle parts. I would stay away from used ones. Its really not that big of a job, you just need the right tools, including the puller. and there is a tutorial on here that I followed and it worked great.

Its simmple take the flywheel off use a impact and a torques socket and un bolt it take the old one of put the new one on red locktite the bolt and tighten up the hardest part is locking the bolts and all you go is take a center punch and put a punc marke in thee starter clutch next to the ends on the bolts like the oem one has its a simple swap if you have to tools

Make sure you get a torque wrench also when putting it back together, and get the crankshaft bolt back to the right spec. And the most important thing, when cranking on the puller, put your hand under the back of the stator drum and pull out. This is to catch the bearing 'dogs' that are in the starter clutch. They will find their way into the bottom of your motor through the oil galley that lets oil into that side of the motor.

I used the stock bolt to put back in the crank for the puller to push against, but put some washers behind it or something. Screw it all the way in or you risk bending the bolt. I had to use the impact wrench on mine to get it off, which was easier than doing it by hand anyway.

Buy that and you'll be good to go. Mine came as one piece though, the bearings were already into the housing that bolts on. That listing has them separated, but should be no problem.

Back