starter clutch help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaffiriw

Reaction score
Help I am trying to replace my starter clutch. I have a 89 warrior, But I cant seem to get the flywheel off. There are six 5mm allen screws holding it on and I cannot get them to budge. Or is it possible that they are not what is holding it on? Can anyone help with some advice on how that thing comes off.
Thanks for any help.

No you dont have to take the allen screws off. The center bolt is the only thing that holds it on. You have to buy a flywheel puller to get it off there, cause its pressed on. The allen screws hold the starter clutch to the flywheel, it will come off as an assembly.

When you are pulling the flywheel off, be sure to hold the stator rotor and flywheel/ring gear together or the little "dogs" (or bearings) that ride in the starter clutch will go everywhere and one always goes into the bottom of the case.

Quick question...is there a special alignment for the flywheel and starter clutch? I got the 6 allen bolts out then realized that it spins freely.

Back