Starter Clutch Bearing Replacement

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reduxx

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just need some advice about replacing the starter clutch one way bearing. The starter makes a helluva THWACK THWACK THWACK sound when starting it. I am not totally retarded when it comes to mechanical work..but I am little intimidated about opening the case. The exploded diagrams in the manual look like all the gears will come flying out. So just to be sure I have the bearing. I need a gasket? And to take the cover off of the clutch side of the motor. Remove the starter? Can I get at this bearing after removing the clutch and Starter? Do I need a new starter gasket etc? Thanks very much for the help.

reduxx said:
Hey guys,
I just need some advice about replacing the starter clutch one way bearing. The starter makes a helluva THWACK THWACK THWACK sound when starting it. I am not totally retarded when it comes to mechanical work..but I am little intimidated about opening the case. The exploded diagrams in the manual look like all the gears will come flying out. Nah the shaft and gear between the starter and the flywheel may fall out but you should be alright So just to be sure I have the bearing. I need a gasket? ... probably a good idea, but not neccary if you dont ruin the old one And to take the cover off of the clutch side of the motor. Remove the starter? no the starter can stay on... the clutch is on the otherside of the motor you wont even see it Can I get at this bearing after removing the clutch and Starter? Do I need a new starter gasket etc? Thanks very much for the help.

im you look around here a bit you should see some pictures of the starter "clutch" which is a one-way bearing... it is actually bolted to the back of the flywheel... and it gets driven by a big gear that also will need replaced... you must replace them both... also youll probably want to buy or borrow a SPECIAL flywheel puller or else you will be fighting like hell to get flywheel off

Back