starter clicking?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quasimoto

Reaction score
what's it mean when the starter clicks and knocks when you press the button?thanks

The starter clicks? Is it turning over the engine? Is the quad starting? I doubt it a dead battery, it could be a dead starter though. We need some more info.

i don't know for sure if it is the starter makin the noise or something else, but it does turn over and starts up everytime, it just makes alot of rackit in the process

Hard to say with your description, but the best guess I have is that your one way bearing/starter clutch is going out. Sort of a clunk-clunk-clunk sound when you turn it over like metal banging on metal?

Mine does the same, always has. Let it go until it doesn't start anymore, then replace starter bearing. But most all warriors If ever ridden or heard make a slappin noise, some just worse then others.

yea i'm in akron,where do you guys ride at? so that noise is the one way bearing goin bad?how hard is it to replace one?

not very difficult i put one in my 400ex when i had it its all right there, you just have to take it all apart
im in goodyear heights by brittain rd and newton

Back