start button is always live even with no key

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
start button is always live even with no key. the start button still turns the engine over. i noticed there is some sort of jumper wire on the starter sealonid. the wire runs from the front left back to the positive lead . i was wondering why this was done .and is this why my start button is always live even when theres no key in the switch . and how to fix it. thanks

wouldnt there be a constant current flowing to the starter than? bypassing the solenoid might be why the key is useless.

is that wire mean the starter sealonid has been bypassed .i bought the warrior used and it was like this when i got it

there may have been a short in the circuit and somebody put in a simple bypass circuit. A simple solution if finding a short is difficult or the person didnt have the knowledge to trace the issue. Maybe the key switch went bad and they were to cheap to buy a new one

There would not be constant juice to the starter unless that button was stuck in. Does the machine also run with the key off? Just wondering if they bypassed the ignition also.

If it is working, its your call -live with it, its working or remove the bypass and trace the circuit and figure out why they did it.

Back