stalled and wont restart???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imreallyquick

Reaction score
Alright i couldn't find my old thread about this, they said it isnt my starter clutch...idk what else it could be...they said it needs a wire harness and possibly a cdi? its getting spark and fuel and its got compression...idk what else it could be....

yeah if you have those 3 things I would start looking into timing then. Have you had the motor over recently? also did you try a new plug? there are some instances where you have a "shorted" plug, where you have spark but the spark jumps from the electrode to the sides. So make sure the spark is jumping the gap

alright ill get another plug and try it...i had the flywheel key looked at and it was fine its a brand new motor, doesnt even have 2 hours on it i bet...

yeah thats why i checked it...idk its weird it just was sitting at idle so i dropped the clutch went to crank it over and it wouldnt restart just sit there and crank idk weird

mines kinda doin the same thing my starter will just sit there and just ture the motor over but i can give the pull cord 1 pull and it will fire

Take the air box lid off and spray carb cleaner into the carb through the intake while you hold the start button if it fires and runs for a second then your timing is not off. If it dont run for i second or two then your timing is off.

i put gas strait into the cylinder so it cant be that..it has to be timing then?

dude check the spark, o know u say its getting it but is it super blue ect check air if its gettin air and lastly fuel. then move to electrical, timing, ect. timing cant be off unless flywheel or cam somehow come loose, use the check plug on cover and pull cam cover off see if timing marks line up. if its gettin super good spark and u pour fuel in cylinder its gonna fire. spark+fuel=fire lol

take a new blup and in a dim envirenment check for strong blue spark

Try carb cleaner instead of putting gas straight into the cylinder, putting fuel straight into the cylinder will not ignite ass easy as carb cleaner.

yammirider1990 said:
unless he put too much

Exactly!! i had the same problem kinda,tried gas and it didn't work tried carb cleaner and it started right up and ran for a sec.

alright its just confusing the hell out of me ill try some things when i get it back...i might try and get it today if i get a chance...im gunna try and tug it see if it will start then and get a new plug again...i took it to m&m and they said it has weak spark but they think its either the harness or the cdi

weak spark could be source coil. you can send stator cdi and pulse coil to ricky stator they will check it all out for you and save you a lot of headache, its free just gotta pay shipping

Back