stalled and will not start again...?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imreallyquick

Reaction score
alright i just had a 396 stroker kit built for my warrior rode it for like a tank of gas and then i thought it was in neutral and it was in 2nd so i dumped the clutch it stalled and then now it just cranks...any ideas? it worked fine before that....

my money is on a sheared flywheel key.... if you dont get those flywheels torgued on hard enough they will sheer the key and then it wont spark at the right time

well i hope its one of those...im glad lifecycle put my quad together right...i havent even ran it for more then an hour since i got the starter clutch done from lifecycle...and its already not running...thanks guys most input ive gotten about it so far...thanks a lot :)

not a prob the big thing to ohm on the stator is the pick up coil they are notorius for going bad. the pick up coil it the trigger that tells the cdi to spark when u are starting it. but like bomber siad check that key to that can cause issues to. how good of spark if any are u getting

its not the best spark but i mean its blue spark...i bet my moped has about just as strong spark tho...haha but i took it into a different shop because i just got pissed off at it if its just the stator ill be happy should i get an aftermarket stator for it or just stock if its bad?

depends if you are just running stock lighting, but for the price ive heard good things about ricky stator. if you look in product reviews i think there is a review on it you could also do a search on here for stator info. im still runnin the stock stator but if it finally goes out im going aftermarket.

Yeah, RM stater is a pain in the ass. I finally got what I needed but they messed up the order and the shipping is a hassle, there in canada.

I been running a ricky stator for well over a year now and its been great...If I recall correctly it was a choice outta 2. One for 87-89s and the other for 90+ (few diff connectors, etc..) It fires the bike up in like 3 cranks consistently , Powers two 35w halogens ultra bright and always keeps battery tip top...

My old stator actually **** the bed in a similar manner.. Just stalled and wouldn't restart... I didn't have any spark after that though..

Did you check compression ?

missouritrailrider said:
can u run stock lights at same time as some 55 watt fog lights

No, not unless you want to burn out the stator or regulator. Stock stuff can barely handle 2 55's alone, combined with the stock lights it would be way too much.

its a brand new motor and it was running great until it died it has compression...and it does have spark but i am thinking its not firing when it needs to...im not sure whats going on...i should know today tho i got sick of taking it apart i had a different shop take it apart this time...ill let u know later if they give me a call today

any outcome on this? you guys are doing all of this stator talk im still betting on flywheel key...

just heads up, from contacted ricky stator and they said stock stator handles 150 watt, stock lights use up 60 watts, this is why they dont offer high output for warriors its not necessary. i have ran 55 watt fogs with stockers fine just not idling for hours at a time

im still waiting for them to look at it...of course they get swamped the day i take my quad in and then they have to get all the new stuff out before they look at my quad...im still waiting on the news too...ill get with u when i hear whats up...

I used the Rickey Stator ,and its great . It was cheaper than OEM and I swear it feels like it runs better .

i have heard a lot about ricky stators...from a lot of people with these warriors and i heard they did good...and if its cheaper then oem why not...as long as it lasts...but hopefully i better hear something about it tomorrow when they open up...they open on tuesday...but anyways ill let u know when i hear what the hell is wrong with it

Mine did the same thing , rite after the rebuild . I broke it in and then rode about 3 hrs. and it died . Sure enough it was the stator . I had weak , inconsistant spark sometimes no spark .

the only reason that that doesnt make sense is how it died and it wont restart...i dumped the clutch idling thinking that it was in neutral but it was in 1st and it just died and then went to restart it and all it would do is crank...so idk but if is wasnt for that i would definatly think that

Back