stage 1 hotcam

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayt926

Reaction score
so i talked the wife into letting me spend some money on my warrior. from what i read this is a great mod. i have done alot of engine work but never swiched cam just wondering what all would be involved. also looking into the vitos key way, how much differance will i notice with this combo?

The s1hc works well. I have one and like it a lot. So does 00' WO YA!. It is a good cam if you are on a budget. Obviously a web .390 is going to perform better, but you need springs and rockers. The vito's key works well. Gives a much better bottom end hit. It with the cam works well together. You'll be happy. I've found that mine likes the valves adjusted to .004".

yea im not realy wanting to do springs and rockers right now just wanting to make sure its worth the $ think im going to order the hot cam now. seems like a good investment

Cams are easy to swap. However, you will need to press a new bearing onto the new cam, or press off your old bearing and reuse it. Other than the chain and gear, there are 2 10mm head bolts to remove, and their bananna shaped lock wasker and the cam retainer washer. Take out the bolts and both bananna shaped pieces and the cam will pull right out. Just make sure the lobes are facing down (6 oclock position), and that you have rags shoved into the timing chain area to keep the hardware from falling into the bottom end.

Yeah, I dound using a pocket screw driver worked great to pop the old key out of the crank, and used a rubber mallet to tap the new one in place. Run supreme with the +4 key.

ok guys come home from work and my wife hands me my new s1hc. so it is INSTALLED i pulled the stock one out yesterday. i have not ran it yet "had to eat dinner" i was reading up on break in, and hotcams says do not idle , im guessing because of low oil presure. they recomend a lite trail ride. keeping rpm around 3000. so how long should i be easy on it?

Doing this from memory... idle at a min of 3000rpm for 30 mins. Let cool, readjust valves. Take it on an easy trail ride staying above 3000rpm. Let cool, and you are good to go. Make sure that the cam is lubed before starting after install.

well all is good she is broke in. valves adjusted. i just took it for a nice little spin in the rain and i can tell a differance. oh and yea i lubed the cam with a little assembaly grease before install. thanks for all the input guys, i am very happy with the results

Glad you like it. We like ours. I would have loved to have gone with the WEB. But the money for rockers and valve springs just wasn't there. If I raced I would have crapped out the dough for the WEB. But for trail riding, the HC works well.

Back