Stage 1 hotcam vs web .390 88mc grind

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvvette97

Reaction score
I done a search and found that these two cams are close in spec but as for performance how do they act? Do they feel about the same in power? I have had a stage 1 hotcam and really liked it. Never had the web though.

The degree of duration on it is slightly more on the web. Given so I'd say it'll be more of a powerband toward the midrange but not as much as the stage 2

If you want a cam that has the characteristics of the stage one but just more I'd recommend the .415 lift from mega or cwr
Isn't the .415 about like the white bros. 1905 cam? Maybe I'm wrong. All I know is that I don't like the 1905 cam or the stage 2 hotcam. Have tried both of those. haha

Compression, compression, compression....allot if you guys are running cams that you don't have the compression to make happy. Not everyone of you but many. A cam with 250+° of duration at .050 will not play well with less than a minimum of 11:1. I've hot a JE 12:1 & I bet my cam would like more.

Compression, compression, compression....allot if you guys are running cams that you don't have the compression to make happy. Not everyone of you but many. A cam with 250+° of duration at .050 will not play well with less than a minimum of 11:1. I've hot a JE 12:1 & I bet my cam would like more.

True that!!!^^^ I'm running the 11:1 Wiseco, and a few thousandths taken off the head. Running the .450, 272* Mega is still awesome. Like James said, if you plan to run a cam with more the 250* duration at .050" lift, you need more then a 10.25:1 Wiseco, or the 10.5:1 JE. Shoot for between 11:1-12:1.

That's the thing, I'm running just a bit over stock compression. "removed a leaf from head gasket". Maybe I should just go with the hotcam stage 1. The only reason I tried the big white brothers cam was because when I bought the machine it was already installed. Needless to say it was a turd down low.:iagree:

I got the Web 84 grind in mine and love it. Has more power everywhere. Did some carb modifications and she likes to Rev now too.

Isn't the .415 about like the white bros. 1905 cam? Maybe I'm wrong. All I know is that I don't like the 1905 cam or the stage 2 hotcam. Have tried both of those. haha

The white bros cam is a very high lift, high duration cam. The. .415 is a vary short duration cam like the hot cam stage 1. The web .413 is actually shorter and would classify that as the "torque" cam. Cams with higher duration hold the valve open for longer giving a higher bleed off of the static compression giving a lover dynamic compression value. High dynamic compression motors will be more low rpm based while low dynamic compression motors will be a high rpm motor. As a general rule, you'll want one of the lower duration cams to optimise your dynamic compression.

Back