Sputtering and Hesitating 88' Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srucker91

Reaction score
My Warrior is sputtering and hesitating when holding the throttle at a constant. When I hit the gas it will wake back up and take off???? Installed on the bike is a K&N filter, air box lid cut up, and I am running a 150 main jet. SUggestions???

Seeing your mods and the jet you're running, I can tell you fairly confidently that your main jet is just too rich. Throw in a 147.5 and you'll probably be running a lot smoother and quicker.

Im sure its not the jetting because the bike acted the same way a couple of days ago when I was running the stock 145 main. I just did the mods listed above hoping to solve the problem and the problem remains. The bike feels like its hitting the rev limiter when i'm holding the throttle at a constant speed, say 4000-5000 RPM, then comes back to life when hit full throttle??? . . . oh yeah I just threw in a new spark plug.

What about the needle? Did you change the setting on that at all? How about checking for cracks or leaks in the intake manifold?

yeah i have that exact same problem but it only happened in the winter when i was riding in the snow so far so my wheels cud compelty spin up but it would only happen if i had the throttle pinned for a while then it wud start to die and id let off and hit it agian and it be fine then repeat so i think it was when it was really cold out my jetting wasnt set for the weather

idk i havnt ridding it wide open for a while since then soo not sure....

Back