sprockets

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahammerrider

Reaction score
what is a good sprocket setup for going faster, if i get this job then i will b able to buy some performance upgrades for my rappy but i want it to be top end faster also i ride with a kfx400 and an rm125 and they stomp me in the drag. if i get the parts i want ill be faster out of the hole but i want to be faster top end also. any suggestions?

depends on your rear tire size. I have 22's, and 14/40 seems like the hot setup for that, with 20" rears 15/40 would be equilvalent.

on a raptor, stock gearing is 13/38, so if you bumped the front up to a 14, you wouldn't lose that much bottom-end, and you would gain top end, but if you went with a 15 up front, you would probably notice a lot less bottom end. i would only go with a 15 if i was doing a lot of wide open space riding. stock is good all around though.

With the 20" tires DO NOT exceed a 14 tooth sprocket up front, your acceleration will suck!!! You'll need quite a few mods to go past there.

Back