spring compressor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS_Warrior

Reaction score
just wondering what you guys are using for home grown shock compressors? i know ther are some different ways to do it just wanna see what is working for you guys.

Last edited:
i dont have two buddies local lol will kids work? hahahaha

Last edited:
Do it right and have a shop compress the spring with a wall mounted unit like we have. A spring from a suspension system WILL kill you if not done properly.

And compressing strut type springs isn't as bad as taking springs out of an older rear wheel drive car or 2wd truck. That is a modified macpherson strut suspension system. And if that spring has tension on it after you drop the lower control arm, watch out!

lol umm yeah but they need to be like high school football players or really really fat lol like alex jk

im going to track your ip adress to your house, and sit on you; in which your organs will be crushed and you will die. that is how this will end!

they are a little big but i put them down low that shaft and throw a hose clamp around it to make sure they dont pop out

I made mine. Thick threaded bar, like 1/2" or 3/4", with hooks on it and grade 8 bolts and washers. Slap the sum bitch on the spring, hand tighten the bolts to where you need the hooks to stay, wrench on them. That's how I got my banshee dog bone on without taking apart my suspension set up

Back