Spittin and sputterin

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigCassell

Reaction score
Alright you guys when I go to crank my warrior, it takes a little bit for it to crank up. Turns over maybe 10 times then cranks up. I have to give it throttle while the starter button is engaged also. When it finally cranks up, it has power from low to mid throttle but when its wide open, it spits and sputters and has no power hardly at all. We recently cleaned the carb and this is the first ride with it cleaned. This is the first time this warrior has been rode in about 3 years also. So does anyone have a clue on what's wrong?

From my expeireances:
You may need to charge or get a new battry for starting
Check your idle screw amd air ajustor
Check your choke, and possible chock cable

I got a brand new battery and new choke cable. And Ill check air adjuster,idle screw and choke

The carb is as clean as a whistle. And my mods are bored over .20, fmf slip on,valve stem cap and pen spring mod and K&N air filter. Stock jetting

I figured that's what the problem was. I was hoping it was something else though cuz I don't have a clue on how to rejet. Ill look on the instructionals

Prolly try a 147.5 main, needle on third clip and open pilot screw .5 to a full turn more than stock.

Back