Speed? Power?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gawarrior

Reaction score
Okay, I have my 89 Warrior, looks like $****, runs like a bat out of hell...Don't know what alls been done, when I bought it I was told 12:1 compression, a stage 2 hotcam, and a CRAPPY ass Cobra exhaust...I don't have any places close to ride, and know nobody else with a sport quad, they all have utes... So I have no good comparison... By GPS, I hit 35 in third (about 1/2 way through the gear) in about 40 yards in my yard before I have to shut down to avoid a sudden stop in the forest...How does that sound to ya'll??? I did know a guy with a Scrambler 500 that I beat by about 2 bike lengths in a hundred yard drag, but he's the only one that could come close to running with me... Any ideas where this quad would stack up against a 400 ex , or something like that?

when some smart ass on a 400ex wants to race i just tell them only if we can do it in reverse.

I do know this...I got my DT175 from my dads and got it running again...Rode it around for a few days and got used to it...Then climbed on the Warrior and scared the $hit out myself...the damn thing pulls harder than my cousins CR250...And I don't have anyone with a 400EX to run, but was just curious...

get on a back road and mark 100yards and start at a dead stop then time it i got a 400ex i can do the same with then we can compair and let the numbers talk

sounds like a fun ride!

get on a back road and mark 100yards and start at a dead stop then time it i got a 400ex i can do the same with then we can compair and let the numbers talk

sounds like a fun ride!

Only thing about that is you gotta swap rides to see the real diff. One rider could be better than the other and that would make it drastically diff in time. And NO im NOT saying either is a bad rider but you gotta factor it in.

sounds like a fun ride!

We can make that happen...not saying I can beat you, just curious as to how it stacks up...

Only thing about that is you gotta swap rides to see the real diff. One rider could be better than the other and that would make it drastically diff in time. And NO im NOT saying either is a bad rider but you gotta factor it in.

Good point...but I'm just wanting a rough estimate...one thing that simplifies it is that a drag race is 90% machine and only 10% rider... an average of 4 or 5 runs would be pretty accurate as to the performance of the machine, I believe...

Only thing about that is you gotta swap rides to see the real diff. One rider could be better than the other and that would make it drastically diff in time. And YES im saying your both bad riders so you gotta factor that it in.

what ya trying to say? a 260lbs rider cant ride?

just busting ya balls dude lol and ya anything within .25-.5 sec is to close to call by the times alone but it gives you a idea

Good point...but I'm just wanting a rough estimate...one thing that simplifies it is that a drag race is 90% machine and only 10% rider... an average of 4 or 5 runs would be pretty accurate as to the performance of the machine, I believe...

I would have to disagree... I drag race all the time with my stang and yes if the cars fast then yeah you'll be fast to an extent. If you cant handle the power then whats the use? but its all about the start, ya gotta know how to work the clutch on a quad the right gear, ect. Not trying to argue just statin facts.

maybe we should make a thread with all these times in it i could putt dads 400 kfx my 450 blaster and roll the shee out for the first time in years! this could get interesting!

I would have to disagree... I drag race all the time with my stang and yes if the cars fast then yeah you'll be fast to an extent. If you cant handle the power then whats the use? but its all about the start, ya gotta know how to work the clutch on a quad the right gear, ect. Not trying to argue just statin facts.

I grew up on a track racing old Chevys, also, and you're right, thinking about shifting and all...Maybe 80/20, with no missed gears...For the street bracket, where everyone ran autos, it was definitely 90/10...put it to the floor, don't red light, and don't let up until it's over...

maybe we should make a thread with all these times in it i could putt dads 400 kfx my 450 blaster and roll the shee out for the first time in years! this could get interesting!

Suprised no one's thought of 100 yd times yet... maybe we could do 100 and 200 yd run times, and post 'em up...

sounds like a deal! and post your machine spacifics like motor mods and rider weight that will make a baller thread! well i know what im doing this week end!

Back