Spark?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaste

Reaction score
just picked up a 90-91 Warrior, engine was recently rebuilt, few weeks later it started backfiring and running rough, never wanted to crank so the owner got rid of it, and i ended up owning it so now its my problem

i ride 2-strokes so i dont know much about this thing, first thing i did was tear it down and make sure everything was ok inside, set the timing as per the book, everything is still basically brand new

im come to, its either the CDI or coil, hope its the coil :-/ i tested it like the book states and it did test weak, the plug does fire every once in a while but its a weak spark

how does the CDI box effect things, how can i narrow it down without buying one or the other with a shot in the dark

Well if you tested the coil and it's out of spec, replace it, then if it's still bad go towards the CDI.

I have the same problem with my 88 warrior. Just replaced the complete stator and put a new coil, same thing so now im lookin at a new cdi

Back