spark problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggalowarrior

Reaction score
Okay, I have replaced the stator and checked the starter coil and it's good. The initial spark is strong but after the initial spark it's real weak(so weak it won't start the bike). Has anybody had this happen or know what this could be? I have a rectifier and cdi in the mail to me. This is the only thing I can figure it could be. It is a 96 so it's proabably time for crap like this to start happening but it still sucks. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

you should buy a service manual and ohmmeter before opening the package for the rectifier and CDI. You can get a copy of the OEM service manual @ebay motors on disc for about $10. All electrical parts can be tested (except the CDI)!!!

Now, your problem. The 2 most common cures for a no spark on a Warrior is stator issues and inspecting the harness where it goes around the frame to the CDI. If the harness has no damage, then it could still be a stator issue. I would test everything first before replacing the most expensive parts.

Read old threads -this issue comes up every other week during riding season

Back