Spark plug wire mod?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can also just change the spark plug boot to get rid of the resistor end. I was fighting water issues on my Banshee and replaced the boots with I think NGK boots. Got rid of the resistor boot and fixed the water issue all in one shot.

I'll be doing it over the winter on my 700. DL knows his stuff, he is one of the best builders out there. Good website too! The guy I bough my 700 from is the owner of that forum, cool guy.

Last edited:
I think the 8mm Pro Series TCW wire is the one to use. It should be a stranded wire core. Not as many color choices, though.

I think the 8mm Pro Series TCW wire is the one to use. It should be a stranded wire core. Not as many color choices, though.

yeah, i noticed that after i posted all that. i went ahead and ordered the orange spiro pro anyway, it should be compareable to the accel wire used in the dyno test and if its not I'll have an orange wire at least. lol

well I used a plug wire from a mustang and it works, I dont have anything to compare it too but it fired right up lol

I dont think the wire in the 88 model is made to be removed from the coil the wire is glued into the coil. anyone have a 89 or newer coil that I can retro fit to my bike.

got my orange taylor wire in today! think ill wait till its all back together to try it though

LOL got bored an finally tryed this. My coil wire deff was never made to come out. Guess im in market for new coil lol

Back