spark, comp, fuel check

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike75925

Reaction score
so i have the requisites, but the thing will only pull start. it currently has the 'short sweep' rotor on it. i would change it out, except, when using my harmonic puller, it bent the crap out of my puller's bolt. i got another bolt, it bent it too. my bro must've jammed the rotor in place. freaking 'tard. i noticed today that my battery's side was sunk in. i found this when i removed it to charge it. i pulled the cap, and the side came back out. the only time i have seen this is because someone didn't put acid in to begin with. the cells have the crystals on them, but as most maintenance free batteries, the cells are not completely covered. the crystals appeared wet. the only way this pos cranks, is to be pull started at say 20mph. the starter used to turn it through pretty easy, but today even with the plug out, it labored. i have already pulled the starter down, everything good inside. this is why i pulled the battery to charge it. it had 12.45, which normally is good enough. when i turned the key on, i would hear either one or two clicks. if i heard two clicks, it wouldn't crank. if i heard one, it might or might not turn over. yamaha needs to do a recall on these pos atvs. my next venture on this thing will be to swap rotors. if i don't keep messing up my puller!

Back