Sons new quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warriorgirl350

Reaction score
Our son has been doing so good in school we got him a new quad used . Its a 2005 raptor 350 special edition. Here it is? Do you know if stock warrior shocks will work on a raptor 350. It has elks but our son doesnt need them. Will get better pictures tomm

1148063483_RnVVC-M.jpg

dang, nice raptor. you're in NC too right? wonder what weight their setup for?

We are thinking about selling them if they are worth anything. His is only 14 and doesn't really need them. We paid alot for the raptor and if we could make something back it would be cool.

Yeah we are north carolina near greenville. I dont know the model I will check tomm.

Nice Rappy...I'll put a bid in those shocks.

We are thinking about selling them if they are worth anything. His is only 14 and doesn't really need them. We paid alot for the raptor and if we could make something back it would be cool.

Yeah we are north carolina near greenville. I dont know the model I will check tomm.

LEAVE THE ELKAS ON!!!.. im super surprised not a single person said this. considering your son is 14, he is only going to get better at riding. better riding = increased speed. increase speed = need for increased handling. id talk with the previous owner if possible and see what the elkas are set at and if they arent set at your sons weight, send them to elka and have them resprung. its only gonna help him become a better rider on the raptor and will also help him when/ if he moves up to 450s.

i know when i was 14, i was a freaking lunatic on my warrior. i had it pinned every second i could, bouncing all over the place and smacking off trees and rocks. stock shocks are ok but they really do limit the amount of riding potential thats possible out of machine and person.. with all the gear your son is wearing, it looks as though he either races or wants to race... which ever the case, that raptor is set up to race. its got alot of parts, including those shocks that will make him a better racer. (maybe you son just trail rides.. those after market parts will greatly improve with that as well.) people always do modifications to quads. its inevitable. especially as people get better, they add more and more. selling those shocks will only (probably) lead to someone having to buy another pair down the road.

I understand what you are saying.The way we look at it is he had 98 warrior and he was doing fine with that one with stock shock. If we could make a some of the money we spend it would be great. Something that we have to think about.

Thanks everyone

LEAVE THE ELKAS ON!!!.. im super surprised not a single person said this.

That cus were all greedy :evilface:..... and she said she wanted to sell them from the get go. But in all reality, I'm with yah man. It will deff. pump up his skill level to be riding on some great shocks! Deff. help in the long run. Plus he'll look cool doing it. :tup:

Back