Something cool about a guy in my duner club

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2kwarrior

Reaction score
A guy in my duner club holds the land speed record on a rocket powered Raptor, I believe its like 154 or 156mph something like that. Well anyway he is getting ready to try and set a new record. I havent got to ride with this guy yet or seen his quad but its still cool. Here is his post about it:

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:52 pm Post subject: ATV GUINNESS LAND SPEED RECORD-Again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought I'd share something with my SLD buds. I have had my current land speed record under attack by a Swedish team that may beat it soon. Well, we got together and felt that was unacceptable. So, in June, I am taking a break from Dunefest planning and getting set to attack the half mile sustained 160mph barrier on my rocket powered 700R Raptor. We're also gonna time a land speed Rhino that may break the 100mph mark. It will most likely be televised on Fox Sports Network Motorsports Mania. Will let you know how it goes. Wish us luck!

PS: cancel Oregonian Newspaper subscriptions.....trust me, they deserve it

Thats pretty cool. I want to see him hit the 160 mark. That would be sweet.

omfg i think i saw a vid of this guy. I was on youtube or google vid and i came acrosse a rocket powerd 700 rappy. I couldnt belive it the thing was sooo fast. I wonder if its him, or just some other rocket powerd rappy 700 ::)

omfg i think i saw a vid of this guy. I was on youtube or google vid and i came acrosse a rocket powerd 700 rappy. I couldnt belive it the thing was sooo fast. I wonder if its him, or just some other rocket powerd rappy 700 ::)

That wouldnt of been him. That record was set with his raptor 660 with the jato rocket. He sold that quad to a collector who is going to put it on premanent display at Winchester, OR. or Florence, OR. cant remember which one right now. His new record setting attempt will be on the Raptor 700 with the same Jato rocket from the other quad. Its in the process of being fine tuned right now. Here is a video Of Terry and his 660 from a few years ago. http://www.albaaction.com/video/rocket2.htm

Back