something about a carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsadork

Reaction score
there is a little black tube that comes off the top of the carburetor...if you look at the left side of the bike (when sitting on it), the tube is kinda hard to see. it goes up where the snorkel on the airbox is. what is it for. its the stock carb on the warrior

yeah, just a vent tube. It doesn't get connected to anything, if that's what you were getting at.

if that tube is clogged, will the bike still run? and i put my finger over it to see what it was and there was no suction or pressure coming from the tube...is that normal...im just trying to narrow down the possibilities as to why i can get it to start

I think that line is mostly to vent fumes that build up inside when it sits, so there probably isn't going to be any pressure or suction from it. If you want to completely rule out of it's clogged, shoot some compressed air through it.

If you can't get it to start, have you checked if you're getting fuel or spark?

ya its getting spark and fuel and air....
checked gas yesterday when iemptied the tank and cleaned the petcock filters...i know there is spark because it coughs and hiccups and sputters...i think i have a clogged pilot jet because it only stays running when it is revving high...when ilet go of the throttle, it shuts off... i know procom CDIs are **** but could it be causing the problem? i didnt know they sucked balls until after i bought it and then checked the threads on this site about their products.

Back