Some Ride Pics from Hilltop, WV

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncwarriorrider

Reaction score
Well went riding with the Triad Trailblazers (atv club that I'm in) up at hilltop west virginia this weekend. Got cold, wet, and tired but it was a hell of a lot of fun. We rode from about 10am till around 1145pm and covered 117miles. Only got stuck once which was a miracle considering how much water I had to follow the utes through. On to the pics

WVDec2007031.jpg

WVDec2007062.jpg

WVDec2007065.jpg

049.jpg

WVDec2007057.jpg

WVDec2007046.jpg

042.jpg

019.jpg

Was the only sport quad in our group, but I'm also the youngest so it kind of figures. All the mud pics are off of the same trail though shortly thereafter we got on the Hatfield Mccoy trailsystem which are groomed and relatively dry so the warrior came into its element there

Hey, Is this Hill Top Up there where the Wagon Wheel is..? and Peninsula? Captain Jacks hang out....

Looked like fun, and it looks like the same situation in my area, all 30+ year olds with utes.
hahaha....I'm 30+ and ride my Warrior with youngster on utilities...

Actually, When I was up their in WV I wasn't the youngest or oldest but the only one on a sprot....and everybody wanted to ride it.

Looks like you had a great time.

Worm if you know where the stair steps are thats around where we were staying. I know its near wagon wheel just don't know where penisula is. We were a 10 minute ride from pinnacle creek campgrounds and the ashland koa

Octane, you are right, it is Pinnacle Creek, That's where we stayed this summer. However it was during the drought so it wasn't that much mud / water. Jus' dusting as heck. But still rode like 70 miles of trails each day. It's a great place to ride. Maybe I will see up there someday.

Teamexile: I hope I'm still around when you get to old to ride your warrior. Because it will be one bad ass side x side.

New Year Cheers!

Teamexile that last pic was taken right next to the stairsteps near hilltop

did you climb the stair steps? I bet that would be tricky wet and muddy.
I will look for some pictures when I was up there.

I'm ready to go back just talking about it.

No one was messing with the stairsteps that day. All but one of them is to rutted out for me to even have a hope of clearing and I didn't feel like attempting to jump the guardrail at the top, to much of a gut feeling that I'd end up a brown stain on the metal.

hahaha....I didn't attempt the guardrail jump either. The climb wasn't that bad. A little tricky turning at the top.
But it was like dry and dusty really bad.

I would've preferred dry to what I encountered lol. I'm still finding mud on the warrior. I think I'll stick to the HM trailsystem from this point on as they are groomed and much more sport quad friendly.

Back