Solenoid click

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lieuht

Reaction score
Having a hard time getting the push button start to work when i hit it i hear a click from i believe the solenoid but it also feels like it comes from a wiring connection from right behind the solenoid.

Check your battery, it might not have a full charge. Mine does this when the battery is low, also could be the starter solenoid going out but id check the battery first. Try putting the battery on a charger for a while and if it starts then the battery is just low

Batterys good cause i just jump the solenoid and it starts right up. Im gonna just throw the one from my raptor in it and see what happens hopefully its just the solenoid

Id double check the battery has a full charge just incase. I got a new solenoid for mine and it just clicked because the battery was a bit low, charged the battery and havent had any issues.

the solenoid is feed through the white relay when the engine button is on and when the push start button is pressed it closes the cirtuit. the relay sound is when you put the engine button in on position it energizes the start circuit missing only the start button to be pressed.
Hope it helps if you want i can send you the wiring diagrams

Having a hard time getting the push button start to work when i hit it i hear a click from i believe the solenoid but it also feels like it comes from a wiring connection from right behind the solenoid.

Just got through this problem yesterday! I checked the battery, grounds and bought a new solenoid and it was none of that. I cleaned the connection to the starter and BINGO!!!

Back