Snowed in

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratchracing

Reaction score
So we got too much snow around here now to even think of taking out the Rappy, so out came the EXT530, heres a few pics, enjoy.

my old man ridin'

100_0113.jpg

100_0117.jpg

100_0118.jpg

100_0114.jpg

100_0106.jpg

a little vid of me on the EXT

Nice, wish we could get at least one good snow. The most we got this year was about 1 inch that lasted about 6 hours before melting. :-/

I got 2 words. LUCKY BASTARD! we got like 3 inches then it was drifting so we got some places with no snow then some places with snow drifts.. I wanna go ride my sled so bad, you guys are missing out if you haven't rode a sled. sled experience made me choose a quad over a dirtbike cause sledding is so much fun! and it's similar to riding a quad. I really hope it snows here soon. nice pics and nice sled.. I only have a 1982 yamaha et350 exciter.. but it's pretty fast. probly not close to your sled but enough to have some fun on!

I've never rode a snowmobile before but its looks like it would be fun.

i'm not gonna lie, its fun. But the cost of owning a sled vs. the actual ammount of ride time per year is just outragous. A quad costs less to buy, to fuel, and you can ride it for 10 of the 12 months. For me having a sled is kinda a waste around here, but my dad will most likely use it after he retires in the next few years and take it up north on the weekends. He'll have more fun on it than i will.

I got 2 words. LUCKY BASTARD! we got like 3 inches then it was drifting so we got some places with no snow then some places with snow drifts.. I wanna go ride my sled so bad, you guys are missing out if you haven't rode a sled. sled experience made me choose a quad over a dirtbike cause sledding is so much fun! and it's similar to riding a quad. I really hope it snows here soon. nice pics and nice sled.. I only have a 1982 yamaha et350 exciter.. but it's pretty fast. probly not close to your sled but enough to have some fun on!

you'll get snow yet, winter just began, but I really can't wait till its over..... :(

WOW... you guys are missing out....
Sleds are crazy Fun.............they are sooooooo fast and riding through the forest gives just as much of a rush as does ridding an atv in the same place..... other than on a sled you are going so much faster thought the same sections that you were ridding your atv only a few monthes earlyer..
love sleds.. you guys alll have to try it.

i have a question... what would be better hillclimber's? quads or sleds what would jump better?

i have a question... what would be better hillclimber's? quads or sleds what would jump better?

I've shot hills on both, they both do a really good job. As for jumping I'd have to go with the quad, unless your doing some high mountain sledding then you sure can air those bitches out. Download Slednecks off limewire or something and check it out.

Depends on what you're talking about. Both on snow, or the snowmobile on snow and the quad on dry ground? In snow the sled will be better simply because of traction, but it's a different story if you're talking about a quad jumping and climbing on solid ground.

**** winter is done in florida its time for spring break almost. I rode a snowmobile a few times since im from Illinois. Ive been in FL for the last 6 years due to the AF. Cant wait to ride again.

[quote:0ixtzosl]I've never rode a snowmobile before but its looks like it would be fun.

i'm not gonna lie, its fun. But the cost of owning a sled vs. the actual ammount of ride time per year is just outragous. A quad costs less to buy, to fuel, and you can ride it for 10 of the 12 months. For me having a sled is kinda a waste around here, but my dad will most likely use it after he retires in the next few years and take it up north on the weekends. He'll have more fun on it than i will.[/quote:0ixtzosl]

^ YOu bet i sold my Artic cat Jag 340 because i dont get enough snow and the cost of the sport is outragous, So i sold the Jag and bought the rancher becuase we get alot more use outta them them anything, but sleds are a blast to ride i wish i would snow more where i live so i can get back into the sport.
sweet pics by the way

GOOD NEWS!! the news said we are expecting 1 FOOT OF SNOW. not as much as Ohio but A LOT! i can get the sled out (if it runs) and maybe the warrior!!!! FUK YA then i'll record a video of my sled. 1982 yamaha et340 exciter!! old but pretty good machine

i hate snow because we sold all the sleds and it started to snow last night and we got about 4 feet right now and we are going to get quit a bit more. But when you have a chance to ride a sled they are really fun.

**** winter is done in florida its time for spring break almost. I rode a snowmobile a few times since im from Illinois. Ive been in FL for the last 6 years due to the AF. Cant wait to ride again.
What, you didnt get any snow? Snowed like hell down here in miami. Oh wait, that was rain :-/

Chrisx182 you got an old sled

ya but just think of the amount of riding you do.. we don't get as much snow as we used to. We bought it for 100 bucks.. put a new track, clutch, seat, windshield and I think thats it and it goes good now! so why spend money on a new one when you can have an oldy and ride it like you don't care. we barley get enough snow to go sledding anymore but the sled is pretty fast! just hope she runs! LOl

Back