smoking warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

americanmuscle

Reaction score
hey u guys just bought a warrior for 500 but the only problem is it is smoking when its cold but after it warms up for a while it goes away. it smells like oil or a 2 stroke smell kinda. any help

If it lacks good power it might need rings. But more than likely it is your valve seals, which are just small rubber pieces with springs that keep oil from following the valves down to the motor. Mine had the same problem. Get them fixed or carbon will build up in your exhaust port and you will have to tear the motor apart. A good mechanic should be able to put new seals on for around $100. You can do it yourself for less if you are mechanically inclined and have a valve spring compresser.

oo it was my first day on this forum and if u notice the problem section is right below here and i thought i had clicked on that one but i didnt pay attention. lol srry

No prob I see what you are talking about here, I just wanted you to know so that when no one responded to you that we weren't all a bunch of dicks. haha.

For your problem Make sure there isn't any gas getting into your oil? It has happen and stinks like a goose with diareeha

Well usually I can tell if the oil feels thin or you can take some good oil and rub your fingers and do the same with some with gas and compare. I usually can tell though because of the smell, they both have entirely different smells so when I smell oil and smell gas I know somethings not right

Back