SMOKIN!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad021

Reaction score
Well i went out to start the warrior today, hasn't been started since christmas, and after letting it warm up, and i really pin the throttle i get nice black smoke, no longer blue smoke. i put a paper towel behind the exhaust and the towel and my hand came back black. whats wrong with it? i know rings and valve seals, but i thought oil usually burn blue

oil does burn blue....your jetting is way too rich....you are leaving carbon deposits...i suggest et the jetting right and put a can of seafoam through the tank to losten up al lof that...it will still blow out black stuff cause it is supposed to break it loose and it has to come out the exhaust

My manual says too much fuel, Too big or loose jet, choke stuck, air filter clogged, fuel level to high=check fuel and float level, inlet needle off seat= clean float chamber and replace needle. Everyone needs to buy a manual. They pay for themselves the first time you fix ur own bike!

kinda surprisin everyones saying jetting, i havn't touched it, my choke works fine (had to choke it to start) and i could tell a huge difference between the choke on and off.

Black smoke means too much fuel. If your jetting hasn't been touched, how about your air filter? When was the last time that was cleaned out? That can definitely restrict the airflow when it gets dirty therefore richening up at heavy throttle, but not affecting your idle and low speed (which is why you still need choke to start it)

that's my 2 cents

just wanna say thanks for the help, ive only got about 2 rides on my air filter since i cleaned it

check your switch, it might be bad or making a bad connection (ground on the bars) and check the coil wires and stuff like that

never mind wrong thread...my switch doesnt make a good connection through the finish on my bars so it is hard to start

Back