smoke

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior333

Reaction score
my quad is smokeing really bad lately only in high rpms so i replaced the valve seals and it doesnt do it as bad but still does and it seems to come out of the head pipe but that is tight and it has a seal most of it goes out the pipe at the back but some still comes out the head pipe

does it still run strong? or is it boggy? you might have a valve seating prob or valvespring wornout or something

runs strong as ever been runnig great sense i put it all back together and got clutch adjuated right

Did you send the head out to have a valve job done, and check your guides??? If there's excesive wear in the guids it'll smoke a bit at hi rpm.

no to the valve job didnt check guides but the wierd thing is the other day it guit smoking but now it does again

Does it quick smoking when the engine gets hot? If it does it could be a piston ring / piston fit problem. Take off the head and check your ring gap.

no it doesnt quit when hot i dont think ill tell you later today after i get it hot

nothing but problemsbut i think that it is cuz the guy i bought it from beat it and then didnt do any maintanace on it so now my broke ass has to go back thro and make up for 10 years of beating

well now the smoke is more of a white then anything and how do i check the ring cap or how do i know if my rings are bad

if you do pull the valves check to see if there is pitting on the valve seat, I know when I did mine you could see many dots and a simple lap job should take care of it

Back