Sled Trailers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlord

Reaction score
Is it safe to use a sled trailer (so sides on it) to haul quads? My trailer had wood sides all around but since my brother got his 300 there isn't enough room for two quads. I was going to widen it a little so I ripped out the sides. I have ran into trouble widening it though. Basically I am trying to save myself alot of time and grief by not putting new sides on it. What do you think? Don't be afraid to tell me if I'm being foolish. ;D

What the different in a sled trailer VS any other trailer? Id say as long as you could put a tie down on the front and rear of the quad youd be okay. But I don't know what a sled trailer is anyway.

I mean since sled trailers don't have sides, sorry I wasn't clear. I will strap them down good but having no sides makes me nervous.

You might to want to out a tie down on each corner of the quad then. Just to make yourself feel more safe..

I use a Triton XT-10 to haul 1,2 or3 quads. Its a 2 place sled (snowmobile) trailer that I added a bunch of tie downs to. I have a tilt bed and it works great for quads. It is made for 2 sleds which weigh about 600 each so a couple of quads are no problem whatsoever.

iv been using a sled trailer ever since i owned quads (like 4) and we pile 3 on it and off we go no problems..

OK thanks fellas. I was just a bit concerned because I can't recall ever seeing quads being hauled on a trailer with no sides. Time to go out and get some more straps!

Back