Side by side's. Bang for your buck?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
So the wife, and I have been talking about financing a new side by side.. I've called around looking for the best deals, and so far the cheapest I found is a Polaris Razor 570 at just over $11,000.. I like the Rhino 700's but their around $14,000, and Yamaha doesn't offer as good of financing as Polaris does.

We looked at the Arctic Cat's, and John Deere units to. But I wasn't very impressed with those. (The wife liked the John Deere the best of course, cause it was the most expensive)
I'm just curious what everybody else thinks? I haven't had much to do with side by sides, and don't want to jump into a sale just to find out I bought the wrong machine.

Help us out here guys..

Bang for your buck, check out the Kawasaki Tyrex. They are nice 750cc machines. Same motor as the brute force except it has an oversized oil pan. My buddy said the big red from honda was pretty nice and priced well but I haven't seen or rode one like I have the tyrexs.

IMO steer clear of AC! they are a pain to work on.

Bang for your buck, check out the Kawasaki Tyrex. They are nice 750cc machines. Same motor as the brute force except it has an oversized oil pan. My buddy said the big red from honda was pretty nice and priced well but I haven't seen or rode one like I have the tyrexs.

John deere is one of the best out there too but that rzr 570 is a pretty good deal and x2 on looking into kawis

The Honda is puny, and gutless. It was also $15,000!! The Kawi was $14,500, but the suspension looks kinda chickenshit compaired to the Yamaha, and Polaris.

The Rhino 700 is a better deal than the Kawi IMO...

I just called the Can am dealer in Lethbridge, and a new 800 Commander will set you back $19,000!!!
Thats a bit pricey isn't it??

I'd stick with Polaris if I ever bought a side-by-side, I've had tons of fun messing around with my uncle's (late 90's?) Ranger 6x6 (500?). Thing could go wherever you wanted. He actually just sold it and is planning on getting a brand new Polaris Ranger 800 Crew, he actually chose that over the Kawasaki Teryx he was looking at previously, after doing some research. The Teryx is very nice, but I can't wait to see the new Ranger 800.

Yah I'm starting to think the RZR 570 is a good deal.
It's even cheaper than the Chinese ones out there, and the 570 seems to have a good track record.. The guy at the dealership told me that it's only 3hp less than the 800, and shares the same trans as the 900. So it should hold up good to ****, and abuse.

But I dunno if I would want the 570? I'm wondering if I should go for the 800, or maybe even flip the bucks for a 900?? The 900 is quite a bit more money. But has lots of power, and way more suspension travel.

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-side-by-side/trail-vehicle/ranger-rzr-570/features

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-side-by-side/trail-vehicle/ranger-rzr-800/features

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-side-by-side/sport-sxs/ranger-rzr-xp-900-efi/features

you should buy a blown up one and do a two stroke engine swap! snowmobile engine all the way!

you should buy a blown up one and do a two stroke engine swap! snowmobile engine all the way!
That thought has actually crossed my mind several times.. But I can't find any that are blown up around here.
An older RZR with a 600 triple, and a long travel suspension... That would be tit's bro!!! :evilface:

But the main reason we're after a new one, is the fact we can finance it.

i was just talking to a buddy of mine about side by sides.When i liven in North Carolina there is a ATV park there called Busco Beach and there were always guys there with RAZR's that would drop HYBUSA motors in them. they would buy blown up sxs and crashed bikes and do motor swaps they would spank about anything on the drag strip and were actually really mild on the trails. Just a thought.

can-am... 101hp :]. thats what i'd buy if i were to get a side by side... let the can-am hate begin!

The new can am is bad ass. I have two buddies. One has an 800 rzr s. the other has a 900(Xp I think). The 900 is CRAZY FAST!!! The 800 has less wheel travel that can b fixed with aftermarket stuff and weak springs. I would not pay the money for the 900 because the 800 will go/climb anything the 900 will and is not as scary powerful so I would b less likely to hurt it/myself.
HOWEVER: if u are all about balls out wheel spinning mud slinging. Get the 900 or can am maverick. Artic cat won't honor warranty and no other machine will keep up with these three. I think u would be disappointed with the speed and capabilities of any of the smaller machines. Also the guy with the 800 got it from a dealer total auction for $5500. Didn't need much. Hood and roll cage pulled back out

I'd buy Jap. But, that's me. Last I talked to a buddy, a year ago he sold his Rhino, and bought a Polaris Ranger. Says they are making some sweet SxS now.

The guys that are dune racing the razr are stretching the frame and putting the 150hp yamaha apex snowmobile engine them. The can-ams are sick but holy **** they are expensive!!

go buy a 00-06 polaris ranger 500, you wont spend but about 3k and get more bang for your buck.

if you go new, go 800. the 900 will ripp driveline and belts out from under it.

Back