shocks or carb?????????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dons18w

Reaction score
wondering what you guys think a set of works shocks with rezzies or edlebrock carb kit??? pros and cons please????

ebay has got some great deal on edelbrocks right now... if you plan to do both and can get the carb for a cheap price I say do it. If not then save for the shocks. Wish I would have upgraded sooner.

I am going to be different .... carb... ..... naaat............shocks first

Honestly it depends on what your doing..... id say carb first.

Depending on what your doing like racing or whatever...... what other motor mods do you have...IMO a carb should be one of the last things you do to the motor after many other mods are done. In that case your going to notice a much larger increase in power.

Honestly it depends on what your doing..... id say carb first.

Depending on what your doing like racing or whatever...... what other motor mods do you have...IMO a carb should be one of the last things you do to the motor after many other mods are done. In that case your going to notice a much larger increase in power.

Last thing to be done, but you say do it before shocks?

Yes i completely built my motor and did nothing to my machine but flip the front wheels and bought some offset rear wheels.

My stock shocks have suited me fine in fact.... i love the way my machine handles.... of course shocks would be an improvement. But 500+ dollars in shocks for a trail machine?

I'm not a small guy by any means and ive hit some pretty decent jumps.. It's more or less about landing. Of course it hurts like hell if i dont land right.

If i bought shocks and a-arms and all that jazz it would be more or less just to say i have them.. just like most other people. I would never really use them, im not saying other people wouldnt. But i dont really jump much other than just trail jumps.

I used to think this way until I tried some shocks on my warrior that were tuned for my riding. It's the best money I've ever spent on the warrior and would take it over any engine mod, seriously. And I trail ride as well. The stock shocks are ****!
Unless you are on completely smooth terain then I would say it wouldn't matter.

Ok been out on the road alot more lately... Sorry to take so long to replie . For the most part my riding is thru mud and flat with a few jumps and sand turns.The motor has the weisco h/c pistion a webs cam the bigger one ???? cant rember the grind # And a fresh rebore. So what am i missing other than the carb??? The stock one seems to be having problems Dont know enough about it to give a good discription of what is wrong though. and to top it off I spent all the warrior money on 7 hrs of ink and needles lol.... The rib cage isnt a good place for that to go !!!!!!!!! but still tring to figure out what to do with the small amount i get back from the IRS this year THANKS

Ok yamaharider helped me with that .........LOL bought his carb now need help tring to tune it all advice will help thanks don.....Oh and have already read the thread on the cutting of the throttle with dremel couldnt see the pics though maybe we can swap those too?????????? how about it yamaharider?

We could if you wanted to, but the bushings in mine are kinda worn out and it's got a little rollover damage. You'd be better off just modifying the one you have.

cool just wondered i sure with a dremel i can fix it lol dont need the duct tape or balin wire for that

oops just relized that i had been mis spelling your id there SORRY and how do you like that 700r? Went to the local dealer today and checked both of those out and id have to do the same if i had to chose ..........My daughter fell in love with the black and orange 250 se gotta love her

Back