Shock Q

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you got it CJ, Yes take pics we like lots of pics. I haven't seen your quad since I sold you them Protapers so Im looking forward to seeing it.

the protapers look nice man. after putting all the bulk back on it i wasn't sure if looks was even going to be a thing but i really like it. feels waay better and somehow more responsive than my old Renthal bar. only thing thats kinda wierd right now is i bought this clutch cable but never bothered to put it on so when i installed the handlebar i installed the cable. i never realized its like 4" too long. cant find a PO from where i bought it so im just going with it. kinda just sticks out over the dash

i want that CFM box soo bad! i really wish i knew about them before i bought my Prodesign/UNI filter. it would compliment my future plans very nicely. i finally started picking up more work so im hoping i can start opening her up before the end of the year... that is if my truck doesn't decide it needs to be worked on. i know a lot of guys that love thier Dodges but this Dakota has become a problem child and making me neglect the machine i intended to beat on.

last week i spent all day detailing the front end trying to get all this caked on crap off of my bushings. still got to hit the motor and when i do the rear install that backend is getting detailed so yeah. pics are due even though it still sits as a stocker.

were going up to the mountains next weekend so most of my work is actually going to hell. i think im just going to tape up the box for the trip but when i come back some work is in order

Sounds like a good plan, Ive always liked white and blue on quads, Cant wait to see the pics. Most Motion Pro cables come a little longer than OEM's but 4 inches seems like a lot. Ahh if you ever get a extended stem or risers you wont have to get another cable at least.

yeah i was pretty pissed. my buddies were giving me crap about how much i was whining about it but it just looks weird. i could go chopper style with my handlebars and come out ok with that cable

allright so got the shock today but one of the lower bushing spacers is wrong. it looks one was missing so they slapped on one of the upper bushing spacers. i miced it and its the same as the uppers. it doesn't even look like it sits flush either. sooo before i start tearing apart the rear end, would one of my warrior spacers work or can i actually get by with this thing? im thinking not

bansheeshock_zps403871b3.jpg

I need a different rear shock so bad, Ive had my eye on a nice used Elka but its a little out of my price range. If the Banshees is as good as I always read about im just gonna do what you did and buy a good used one.

searching around on this site there is a TON of people that use them as you know. im still warry about buying a used shock but hopefully it will last. even so, $50 and i should have a better ride for a time at least. the shaft is dryer than my old one so should be good.. ive never done anything like this except on my old toyota hilux and all those parts were bran new. its been kinda cool to get around and tinker with the susp on my bike. ive been just looking at the two side by side comparing them. the clymer manual says the banshee is only 11 lbs lighter than the warrior so it makes sense that with adding compression adjustment this thing should ride pretty good

i have no doubt though its not going to ride as nice as codys haha. esp when he gets his ASRs back

Ha ha Cj it's going to float like a dream just keep telling your self that cause you've been to the house and saw my next exciting peices to the widow ha ha you will be able to handle and glide just like mine bro my bike is a lot more aero dynamic now so idk what it will handle like with the Asrs but hopefully it will be a solid sleek ride

That shock is dual rate remote Rez looks a lot like the older elka but with out seeing the band on the res there's no telling

That's no Elka, Looks to me like a PEP or WORKS, PEP made dual rates for them years ago And so did WORKS. WORKS Still offers the dual rate conversion for the 660's. Elka have always used there black reservoirs, the only Elkas Ive seen with a different color reservoir is the Stage 5's. AXIS and TCS use a reservoir like that but the shock body is different.

too bad im off to the mountains tomorrow cause thats exactly what i would've done. if you dont get it this weekend im seeing if its still available on monday

Last edited:
Holy Nuts. Gladly! I would be indebted to you for driving to N Phoenix for me.

Latest posts

Back