Shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought an msr shifter for a yz250 bolted right on no modding no fuss! Only thing if you have small feet it may be just a bit far forward, I wear a size 13 boot so its a good fit for me!:tup:

I just bought an msr shifter for a yz250 bolted right on no modding no fuss! Only thing if you have small feet it may be just a bit far forward, I wear a size 13 boot so its a good fit for me!:tup:

Holy crap we must be twins or something just got a yz250 shifter as well made by EMGO from Yamaha,Bolts up nice just misses the engine (Its already scrapped because of hitting it a bit) I also have size 13 boots :tup:

100_01614.jpg

Man that one looks long! It may be the angle of the pic, but that is soo much nicer than the sloppy ass linkage crap setup that was there! If I didn't use my quad to ride, and it was just a toy I would rig up a hand shifter for it!

Man that one looks long! It may be the angle of the pic, but that is soo much nicer than the sloppy ass linkage crap setup that was there! If I didn't use my quad to ride, and it was just a toy I would rig up a hand shifter for it!

You should try the hand shifter thing in your spare time on the handlebars. I just think it would be easer when you want to shift gears standing up which sometimes I need to do and the last second of going off a jump :D

Oh I meant like a big knarley over exxagerated shifter from the footpeg like two feet above my head

You should try the hand shifter thing in your spare time on the handlebars. I just think it would be easer when you want to shift gears standing up which sometimes I need to do and the last second of going off a jump :D
i can shift while in the air but their is something you can put on the bars to shift but i think its electronic

I was thinkin more along the lines of a **** lever with the clutch lever attached to it, that would come up near the side of the gas tank!

Ok, I got the YFZ450 shifter on there and it fits no problem! Definitely feels better. I don't like how long it is though. I can use it and I'll be fine but I think I'll buy another and find someone that can cut it and weld it to make it shorter.

I don't know, a couple inches. I'm pretty sure it's the same length as the YZ250 and Banshee.

Back