shifter setup?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xr600

Reaction score
I dont like how the stock shifter setup feels.Have any of you change the gear select to something more like a dirt bike?If so what did you use?Thanks

The YZ250 shifter is a very common mod here. The shifter off pretty much any YZ series dirtbike and the yfz450 bolts on with no mods.

I have a shifter off of a '00 YZ250 on the warrior. It required bending to get it closer to the foot peg and away from the motor. But the spline was a perfect line up.

Weird, mine said it was for every YZ series bike and it fit perfectly, although it does stick out further forward than the stocker.

Rocky Mountain ATV lists one for the warrior,never got around to ordering it yet.

Thanks guys.Im new to quads been on a xr600 for years and still have it.Wanted a good cheap quad to ride when its muddy so I dont fall over all the time LOL.

Well Im kind pissed. Its way to close to the cover. the location of the shifter is the same to the stock in distance away from the peg. How does the YZ250 shifter sit. I think I might still be able to use this one but might have to bend it. look for your self. I also will have to take out the one bolt and gring down a little bit of the plastic cover then to.
P8260199.jpg

P8260198.jpg

P8260197.jpg

Anyone else on here running this setup?

That is what the yz250 shifter looked like on my buddies. We just lightly bent it out some. It works but Im not to happy with it.

i picked up this from magic racing. it fits perfect. I will post a picture of it on the quad when i get home. Clears the case fine.

Sunline Alloy Shifter - YZ400F / YZ426F / YZ450F 03-05

alloy%20shifter.jpg

7hillswarrior said:
i picked up this from magic racing. it fits perfect. I will post a picture of it on the quad when i get home. Clears the case fine.

Sunline Alloy Shifter - YZ400F / YZ426F / YZ450F 03-05

alloy%20shifter.jpg

Mine looks pretty much the same except the body tube thing is more rounded, I have plenty of clearance.

now that i look at mine, it might hit the cover if i angle it up a little more. Why do you have yours set so high. Here is mine

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

if it helps at all.

deadlastracing said:
Well Im kind pissed. Its way to close to the cover. the location of the shifter is the same to the stock in distance away from the peg. How does the YZ250 shifter sit. I think I might still be able to use this one but might have to bend it. look for your self. I also will have to take out the one bolt and gring down a little bit of the plastic cover then to.
Anyone else on here running this setup?
Hey deadlast that looks like a 2 stroke YZ250 shifter, i tryed that a few years back myself and dosn't fit at all. Mine is an Emgo YZ250F fourstroke shifter from 01 to 03. It's made really bad though, i will upgrade to a YFZ450 shifter.

Well ****, another ebay lier on our hands. I was told it was off a yfz450. I have it set so high because I almost always ride with my riding boots on. Technically I haven't really "bolted" it on yet and ridden it to see if I like the shifting so maybe once I do that ill change my mind about it. That or Ill trade it in for a 450 shifter at the scrap yard.

Also sort of a side note. If you noticed the rag I have under the shifter seal. It bease I have a leak. If the seal removable as is. I don't have to go tearing into the case to get the rod out then remove do I.

I used a YZ250 shifter and it fit the same way as yours deadlast. I bent it out further, and then straightened the toe piece. Looks fine and works great. It'll still slightly longer then the original as well.

Back