shifter is skrewed

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff850

Reaction score
hey guys! Yesterday I was riding around and i went to switch gears and the rod that connects the shiffter was broke in half. Has anybody had this problem? It doesn't look to hard to fix just wanted to ask the question.

just buy a new shifter from another machine and make a direct mount...mine doesnt fully shift into gear because the linkage sux a$$

If you get a shifter from a 400ex and bend it more where the factory bends are it will work perfectly, and eliminate the piece of crap linkage.

No, I bought deathshadow's custom shifter because that's all that will work with the big bear adapter. I've heard it a couple times before that they fit better if you bend them, and I looked at a 400ex shifter and it looks like it would be the right dimensions if you bend it a little more where it's already bent.

what's confusin ya, old man? I just read what I posted 5 more times and it makes perfect sense to me.

I read what you and a few others wrote YamaRider and it was easy. Got the 400 shifter for a buck on ebay and stuck it in a vise and bent it by hand at the oem bends in the same direction. Couple trial fits so it wasn't bent to much and it's perfect. Shifts MUCH better.

yea i have the tusk folding shifter it come with new linkage to oi guess it ok .

[quote:eek:hrn121p]what's confusin ya, old man?....

The fact that you think the custom made shifter is the only thing that will work with the Big Bear cooler setup.[/quote:eek:hrn121p]

what else will work then? there's not enough clearance to use anything else that i've seen before

Besides those mentioned above, add a little bend to a stocker and it'll clear the BB setup

I realize that the stock shifter will work. That's what I've been using, but as you all know the stock shifter is a weak link on the warrior, and mine was excessively fucked up. I meant the only DIRECT shifter that will work with the BB setup is one that is custom made.

If you don't remember what the custom shifters look like, they have to come straight out about 3 inches before they bend towards the front.

just refreshing your memory, it's been a while since a pic of one was brought up, and it seems like you think any direct shifter would work with the bb setup.

Back