Shee shocks install

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjim0214

Reaction score
Ok so I put my fronts on no prob, got my rear in and airbox clearance is tight (touching rezzy, barely) is this normal? im thinking of adding some washers under rear of airbox just to gain a bit of room between it and rezzy, or am i missing something? thanks

you have to mod the air box.(melt itand shape it to clear the piggyback rezzy) then it will clear it.

Just heat it up really good with a hair dryer, or heat gun if you have access to one (love mine). Then put a pry bar between the rezzie and the box and push the box outta the way. That's what I did.

Did you figure it out yet Jim?

Just heat it up really good with a hair dryer, or heat gun if you have access to one (love mine). Then put a pry bar between the rezzie and the box and push the box outta the way. That's what I did.

sorta hauler didnt do it yet thou, gen, box is out, pushed down on box to mark it (got heat gun/torches/military flame thrower:haha:) what i figure ill do is heat her up and use like a spray paint can to press in a circular indent, you like?
now second thing......the bottom knob makes all the difference in the world! the top (hard/soft) doesnt seem to do much, the spring is set in the middle of the threads.........im about 165lbs, does anyone have a clue were i might wanna be with all these adjustments? (shocks are 2004, look like freakin new)

not to bomb your tread. but does anyone know if the shee shock will work with the CFM airbox ? i have my stock one just melted and moved to fit it now.

np cj i got box figured but could use some help with adjustments as i stated above

np cj i got box figured but could use some help with adjustments as i stated above

turn the screw clockwise at the top of the shock which will stiffen the compression. When you do this, dont forget to also turn the screw at the bottom of the shock clockwise as well. That is your rebound, and if you are going to stiffen the preload then you need to slow down the rebound.There is a flat head screw on the top side of the shock that is compression. Turn it in to stiffen, out to loosen. There is an identical screw on the bottom side of the shock that is the same principal but with rebound. If you tighten your compression or preload I would slow the rebound by turning that screw in some. I dont know there are exact settings for weight I cant seem to find any I think you just have to play with it and hit some jumps figure out what works for you. hope that helps

turn the screw clockwise at the top of the shock which will stiffen the compression. When you do this, dont forget to also turn the screw at the bottom of the shock clockwise as well. That is your rebound, and if you are going to stiffen the preload then you need to slow down the rebound.There is a flat head screw on the top side of the shock that is compression. Turn it in to stiffen, out to loosen. There is an identical screw on the bottom side of the shock that is the same principal but with rebound. If you tighten your compression or preload I would slow the rebound by turning that screw in some. I dont know there are exact settings for weight I cant seem to find any I think you just have to play with it and hit some jumps figure out what works for you. hope that helps

ok, but i have knobs, havent seen screws, ill look (this is a 04 shock, probably screws replaced with knobs) i figured i would just play with it, ill post some pics in a bit, but thanks, where u in nj ?

fronts
IMG_3961.jpg

and rear

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

modded box
IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

:tup:A+ for YFM350.COM

my buddy stopped over and he asked if shee shock fit, I said nope! well he said what did you do? i said i asked my boys and girl (god i luv boobies) and had answer in 10 minutes!!!!!! he is sooooo impressed with the people i deal with and the information availible, as i had other issues resolved in minutes with u people and he knows about those. He's stuborn, no patience and always his way:loco: but impressed with our crowd, soooooooTHUMBS UP:tup:

Back