Seriously help taking way to Damn long

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loui350

Reaction score
tanamezy.jpg

Exhaust manifold bolts. How do you put new ones in? Can you even replace them? Please help or show me. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Drill them out and tap 8mm threads and install 8mm studs. I got them at auto zone for cheap. This is a big prob with the tiny 6mm studs they use.

So they don't screw out?

How deep should they be drilled?

Im guessing I drilled mine about 3/8 in.

thanks guys I'll get that done Saturday hopefully

Just center punch them REALL REALLY good!!! Start out with a bit that is the same size, or smaller then, the factory m6 stud. Do that so it has less chance of wandering, or catching, the aluminum around the stud. You should be able to drill until you feel the bit cut through the end of the stud. There is almost always a little space left behind the stud. So, you should know when you're completely through it. Once you have the "pilot hole" drilled, then step up to the proper size for some m8x1.25mm studs.

Thanks Pat much appreciated

There's enough metal there to drill them 3/4-1" deep factory studs are m6-1.00-20 so they are 20mm long or 4/5ths of a inch long so as deep as you dare. Also if studs are unavailable I used 2 m8x1.25-50 stainless bolts and loctite and cut the heads off after putting them in.

Back