sell & buy?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02yfm350

Reaction score
bought 2002 warrior for $3,200 CND
found 2002 banshee (FMF pipes, aluminum wheels) $4,300 OBO CND
---------------------------------------------------
was thinking, if I ever find a place to ride I am going to want something better. right now, i have no place to ride except side of road and field until corn is planted.

so, if I could sell my warrior for $3,600 or even $3,200 and buy the banshee for $4,000 i would only have to spend $800 bucks more for a better, and faster machine. and it looks like it's in good condition and says it's in good condition. but the pic is only in black and white and it's small

---------------------------------------------------
you guys will probly say I can't handle it, or the banshee sucks,

but honestly.. would it be a good deal and should I look into the banshee more? It is a big improvment over the warrior and it's not that much more money.

and even if I don't find another place to ride, It's a pretty good deal.

--------------------------------------------------

what do you guys think?

it might be worth it if the banshee is in Good condition. but if you have no place to ride it might not be worth it..i would prolly stick with a 4 stroke if u havent been on a 2 stroke much...the powerband is a whole different world..have u ever ridden ne thing beside the warrior alot?

it might be worth it if the banshee is in Good condition. but if you have no place to ride it might not be worth it..i would prolly stick with a 4 stroke if u havent been on a 2 stroke much...the powerband is a whole different world..have u ever ridden ne thing beside the warrior alot?

go-cart, honda big red...

so, no 2 strokes. but how do you think otehr people got used to it? take it easy and get used to it. but it's a good deal and I think it's only in Chatham witch is only like around an hour

yeah..they got used to it by growing up with 2 strokes..it might be worth it..but thats your call

yeah. like, my friend's cousin has a banshee and he didn't grow up with it, it's a 2002, so he just rode it a bit and he said it's so amazing. he laughed at my warrior.

but, i'm having enough problems with my warrior. I don't think it's running right and I just think it's a little under powered for me. or at least mine is. thats what you get for buying used but what can you do. I can't afford new stuff.

daddio is probly gunna say no, but I can mention it. my dad's friend has a place and there is a field begind there i can make jumps so i can see if i can still ride there and check it out

i told my dad and he says

"you have to mix gas, thats no good. I can't use the gas for anything else."

well get a different can and it can't be that hard, right?

You better find a big wide open place to ride that banshee, cause that's all its really good for. They are a lot of fun, but more designed for large fire roads, deserts, dunes, and big open areas. You're going to be feathering and shifting that clutch a bunch if you think you are going into any technical woods runs; powerband is tweaky (like all 2-strokes, still love 'em :)) but when it comes on, have fun! Its a good quad, but given your circumstances of limited riding area's I think you should just save your money.

Everyone here underestimates the banshees true potential.

Just The right set of pipes will make it beyond trail friendly, not to mention it will eat just about anything up with very mild mods.

Dont do it, banshees only go fsat, and 4200 is SO ******* OVER PRICED.
I personally wouldnt pay over2500.

it's in CANADIAN dollars. so thats why you think it's over priced

and my dads friend said I could ride in a field behind his house that no one uses. so, it's a field. and i can make jumps probly. so the banshee would be sweet. better than the warrior probly.

go to google, then money converter and convert the money then you will see what im talking about in american.

Hahaa! chris your dad sounds exatly like my dad! except. He didnt put YOUR blaster( mixed) gas in the gator! if i hadnt of asked him where all my Gas went( i filled the whole can,5 gals) that morning) he woulda blow the gator!

But HONESTLY i ride with 'shee's. One has every thing, im not to sure on the EXACT details, but it has toomey pipes,5 stroker( i think thats what its called) reeds, bored, a-arms, shocks, every thing and this thing FLY's it WILL smoke every thing around here. beilve it or not. but it ran agaisnt a GXR 600 and it was only a couple of feet behind in a 100 yard drag. it rips. he does trail ride it. but he says its a pain in the ass since, all his mods are for top end only. but once we get to the open trails, and hill climbs. Nothing can touch it. Hill's are where it shines the most. IMO i think it has TOO much power for hills. there has not been a single hill that he has not been able to go up with out trouble. take for example the hill we call Banshee hill. it IS 300 yards long and about a 70' angle or about this---> / steep with curves. And he flew up it.

I would say for your riding a banshee would be good. Open feilds, roads, etc. but take an easy. Since you say you have never ridden a 2 stroke. you WILL get hurt if you hit the power band hard. Just like the 1st time i was on my blaster. I didnt think it woud be that big of a deal. but a 3rd gear wheelie up a hill. un expected. scary.

well, i might be able to ride in another place. and it might be better cause i might be able to make jumps. so theres a field in the fall/winter/spring and that new place if it's any good!

but, if I could even sell my warrior for $3,600 like the guy had it listed before (warriors go for more than that and they're older) and if I can get the shee for $4,000 ($4,300 OBO) then it will only be $400 MORE to pay.. thats ****** rad.

but whats the power band like? is it like in some muscle cars where it will be going in first or second then when it shifts into 3rd it really hauls ass like a road gear? or something? my warrior just climbs speed it doesn't have any of that.

I'm thinking I really want the shee, but my dad doesn't want to mix gas.

do you need to buy special octane gas AND 2 stroke oil?

or regular gas and 2 stroke oil??

depends on motor mod for the octane of the gas but def yes on the oil and and no thats not what a powerband is like its just a kick of power im not sure how much of a kick it is on a she but on a yz 125 that set up for mx with heavy mods it is like a little extra umph and its enough to pull the front end up with ease but once you know how to ride ahich is after like good rides youll be fine its not as bad as people make them sound id love to get a 2 stroke either a blaster or a she but i cant afford the pre mix and all that but good luck on your decission

also you may want to go to this site called bluetraxx.com and go to thier forum and ans the people that actually own one what they know and think about it

this guy on youtube also told me it's better to run a certain octane then mix the oil cause it's nicer cause your mixing the oil.

but idno, id like the banshee but at the same time, I'm gunna need the money for guitar equipment cause my band is getting started and I'm gunna need a half stack and maybe a P.A system so I might have to sell the warrior just for that

dude, keep the quad. its a band.. you guys arnt gonna be goin on any HUGE tours any time soon. Also. How is Mixing gas Bad? lets see. i buy 2 quarts of YamaLube. thats like 20 bucks. and i get 5 gallons of gas. 20oz of Yamalube. for 5 gallons. and that 5 gal. Last me a long time. so i only fill up that gas can like every 2 weeks. and i ride all most every day.

Back