second set of tires?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
right now i'm running hd's all the way around. anyone that has picked up a set of the rear hd's know that they are pretty damn heavy. i love the tires and the hook up great, but i would kinda like to have a second set for different conditions. i was wondering if there is maybe a 4-ply 19 inch tire. i guess i could go with an 18. i would just like to get a set that is lighter but still has some durability. i would have to pick up a set of 2-ply tires and slice them open the first time on the trails. any suggestions?

why would you want lower clearnce??are you MXing?if so go with the razr mz's or turf tamers

i kno turn tamers are light and come in diffrent sizes

turf tamers suck royaly dont buy them they are 2ply also.

i'm not gonna be mx-ing. the thing is, we have about 150 acres to do what we want and have cleared out quite a few trails. i know that isnt a whole lot of land, but it is enough. i would just like something that has less rotational mass and obviously less weight.

i'm not gonna be mx-ing. the thing is, we have about 150 acres to do what we want and have cleared out quite a few trails. i know that isnt a whole lot of land, but it is enough. i would just like something that has less rotational mass and obviously less weight.

Bullshit that isnt alot man i have no acres to ride on. and i justkeep my stockers for messing around on

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONLY 150 acres!!!!!!!!!!!!!11that's like noiugh land to open a mini riding park!

yea,why not just ge stockers?

dont get 18ns unless your gunna be MXing youll be getting hung up on so many ruts, just get some lighter 20s

yea id try the kenda klaws or mabye a set of razrs, im really likin the razrs... there not heavy at all

i understand about getting hung up. the trails we have are smooth as silk and i'm not gonna get hung up on them and i dont plan on using 18's while trailblazing. trailblazing is gonna be for the hd's

What about the new radial Trac Star. You can keep your stock size and they only weigh 13 lbs and are a 6-ply rated tire.

That is one of the lighter tires out there now with a decent ply rating. Compared to HD's at 19.5 lbs, I-Razor 17.9 lbs, Razr 2's are 17 lbs and the Razr are 14.5 lbs (4 ply). They have been getting some very favorable reviews, especially on your lower HP bikes like the Warrior/Raptor. Plus you get all the ride qualities of a radial tire.

honestly, i havent even thought about the trac star. i'm guessing you got your weight stats from the itp page. i should check their spec sheet out.

this is going to sound like the dumbest freaking question, but oh well. i am assuming those weights are for a pair? i dont know, maybe i am totally wrong. when i had tires off my warrior, i was so stoked to get the new ones on that i didnt even pay attention or care about the weight.

Stick with the 6 ply, I hear the big bore kit callin ya, then you jump up to 14 tooth front, get your speed back and still have power.

Stick with the 6 ply, I hear the big bore kit callin ya, then you jump up to 14 tooth front, get your speed back and still have power.

i hear ya, man

dont go with the plain holeshits, they pop more than the stock tires do, after i saw how many holes were put in coreys holeshits and not in his stock tires i will never even think of buying them

Just a suggestion, most 4 ply tires are weak, and if your riding track or at least a clean area they shouldn't be much a prob.
However if your riding free and not sure of the terrain, stick with the 6 ply. Like I said rip that motor appart. It needs more compression.

dont buy and mx tire to ride in the trials, Yesterday was my forst trial ride on my grey bike,( holeshot mxr6 rear), and 20 minutes into the ride my rear tire started loosing air after hitting a rut. Having to refill every time you drift a turn sucks, go with some 20" razr 1's. I had them on my warrior when i first got her and they ROCKED!

i think i'm just gonna stick with the hd's for now. they hook up great but they are on the heavy side. maybe next season i will look into trying something different. maybe the itp gncc

I am running 20x6x10 MXR6s in the front and 19x10x9 MXR4s in the rear and I ride trail. The 19" MXR4 is SUPER ******* light!!! That tire AND HIPER WHEEL together is lighter then most tires with out a wheel... If you ride it right and dont put all the big ass obsticles on the trail under the belly of your quad you wont get hung up on ****. When your riding over ruts keep the tires out of them... You will be fine!

Back