Scam

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check this dude out, he's tring to sell his Warrior as a 2000 when we all know it's a 1987 or 1988. I really doubt anyone would go through the trouble of changing the head lites, the 87 88 hood, and add a pullstart.

]cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Warrior_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6725QQihZ018QQitemZ280071459664QQrdZ1]

I dunno, it MIGHT be legit. All I see is the hood from an 87-88. The headlight isn't a stock headlight, it's bolted right onto the hood. The rear fenders also have holes drilled for the plastic heel guards that didn't come with 87/88's.

but then the stuff that doesn't add up - it's definitely the rear end from an older one, with the skinny carrier and small brake rotor. And 2000 didn't have that black and white plastic combo, 2001 was the only year with that. If he had a decent pic of the front frame it'd be easy to tell.

Also doesn't have a chain, he failed to mention that in the details. Also forgot to mention that it's got a banshee rear shock.

It's an interesting one.

Did you see he said he jetted the carbs as big as you can, hmmm mine only has one carb. Also the swing arm and carrier do give it away, or did he convert that too, lets just say its an 87 or 88.

I sent the seller an interesting question. I can't wait to see if there's a response, or if the listing disappears haha.

Here's the question ;D

You sure that's a 2000? Sure looks like an 87 or 88 to me, or somebody did a lot of work not in your description. I sure as hell know that the rear axle, carrier, and rotor is from an 87,88, or 89. And the hood. And the fenders are from a 2001. And only the early years had pull starts and a black engine case. So looks to me like you don't have a clue what you're selling, or do know what it is and are scamming folks. funny that there's no title or vin number listed either...

Well it says its sold. The buyer has 0 feedback and his first purchase is over 1000 bucks? Somethings not right.

Sounds like he got taken for a ride on the this deal and is tring to push it off on someone else, little does he know though we are experts ;D HA lol

Even though he is scamming what if ebay thinks its legit, wouldnt you get in some sort of trouble for not paying?

with an account of 0 feedback, i'm guessing he didn't use his real info for it.

Goddam it jeff, why did you do that with an account with my ******* user name in it? I already contacted him so he knows my email is yamarider. If this comes back at me i'm gonna be a bit pissed!!!

think, boy, think

yeah, as long as he doesn't try to put 2 and 2 together, and report it to ebay that they think I made a fake account.

omg ive been looking at that thing for over 2 weeks noone will buy it. You can tell so much that its an 87,88, or 89 idk witch one. But this guy is retarded. I usualy tell people if they got the wrong year or somthing like that but i thought if this guy is that much of a d-bag to list it like that, then he probly wouldnt change it.

Did you tell him he's full of **** yet? There's no way that rear end is from a 2000. Well, even the engine is def an older one. And newer a-arms don't fit on the older frame. ooh, and ask him why it doesn't have a chain lol.

I have a 2007 Warrior with a 200c 2-stroke engine and custom Blaster "Race" fenders, for sale.... Never raced and only dropped once! $5000

;)

Back