SAD BUT TRUE

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam4by4

Reaction score
Well I hate to say it but I will no longer be piloting the warrior. I will still bleed blue with you but two stroke oil pumps thru my veins so Im stepping up to the banshee. I know twice as much **** to break but they can be built reliable if done right. \

I am getting a 1999 black and red banshee to keep the color scheme from my 87 warrior. Im trading my 1987 warrior for a 26 foot chris craft express cruiser and am in turn trading that for the 99 shee.

The shee has works all around toomey pipes 20" holeshots all around.Nerfs and still has the super rich mixed fuel for break in in the tank after top end rebuild . Its the first bore on the stock cylinders so theres plenty of room to go if needed. Aftermarket?? carb/s? and has +2+1 aarms and a +4 lsr axle. K&N and jetted

Im pitching in $600 cash to make the deal. I was told this quad was set up for a 235 lbs rider and Im 240lbs so its seems perfect. I was also told he picked the parts specific for trail riding because thats what he loved so we will see how she handles. Its in good shape but far from immaculate .

Comes with paddles mounted on douglas wheels

Any opinions on the banshee in here and no bashing please I loved my warrior to death but theres not much like running all along the powerband of a 350 twin piped twin cylindered banshee. I will miss my reverse and electric start to no end but the bads outweigh the goods in my case.

how do they handle? are they jumpers? how bad is the low end torque ?

well it has works rear ressie front without and long travel a arms so it should be ok!

[quote:eek:9wgy7z3]well it has works rear ressie front without and long travel a arms so it should be ok!
yeah, just hold on tight, they are known for coming out from under you on the lip of the jump ;)[/quote:eek:9wgy7z3]

So true. A good friend of mine bought one when they first came out. Very first time we went riding we were hitting a jump and he hit the powerband right at the top and the bike literally left him hanging in mid air with no bike. It rolled and bent the levers on a 1 day old bike. :mad:

Ive had two banshees in my day - they leak oil, blow up to much (one cylinder or the other), they are a bitch to tune, and the kick starter rattles like a mother @#$%!!, they suck ass in the mud/woods/track, but they can be made to go fast in a straight line!!!

Well Ive ridden a few in the trails and it wasnt too bad. This ones set up for woods riding so it may be better. It just seems that a warrior has to be in fifth gear to accomplish the same thing as a banshee in 3rd. As far as the oil thing goes gaskets gaskets gaskets they are premixed so unless you mean from the exhaust pipe I cant see how they leak. A warriors top end gasket kit costs almost as much as one new piston and rings for the banshee and yep they could probly beat a warrior running on one cylinder in a straight line but to each his own I guess!

Well i will say the warriors are a good machine,but as most know mine is gone as well for the simple factor of the banshee,everyone can bash all they want but the banshee is a true power house, alls i do is trail riding some open and some short and technical and i dont have troubles swinging that biatch through corners,or for that jumping is a breeze,most of the time yer just giving it a little burb at the top of a lip and soaring through the air!!

On our track as everyone is in 3rd or 4th gear I am usually riding 2nd sometimes i get mid 3rd...as i said our track is very technical tight windy turns and some straights...I've taken on a good amount of machines and most dont have a chance,a boost bottle will help out tons for trail riding as a steering stabilizer will also.

For riding warriors all my life and then jumping on a banshee,it was kinda easy to get use to, the stance is almost the same..its just getting use to that raw power...its like driving a VW beetle then getting into a vette !

I didnt regret my decision on the banshee at all, and i hope you wont either! Ride fast...Take chances!!

The top end gasket kit was 24 from mototards, I've never seen a piston or any item on the banshee that cheap. This was a good kit also, with replacement valve oil seals, all orings required, and the two gaskets.

I appreciate all your input but the deal is done. I will now be known as obe won sheenobie.
J/k The warrior was a great step up bike but Like Ive said I got a need for speed that the warrior just cant cure. I had all these crazy ideas to make it faster and wider and I had the worst year to do it to. All in all not a bad deal considering I pretty much traded a 1987 warrior for a 1999 banshee. most of its life its sat in a garage so now its time to stir it up. Maybe when I try to waterskip this one it wont sink like a boat anchor like the 1987 did . Everyone I talked to seems to say the banshee is not as bad as youd think it was in the trails but the trails I ride are wide and sweepy so Ill be able to open her up!

You will really enjoy the Shee-I find myself wanting to leave the Raptor and take the Banshee out more - the Raptor I still enjoy riding-but the Banshee is an AWSOME machine and you will get addicted fast-stay on top of the maintance and the bike will perform-

I actually enjoy rippin em apart and doing the maintenance so it should be fun and interesting. Ive tuned a triple triple 700 before so Im hoping theres not much more than that to it! at least I wont have to clean the power valves. actually wish it had em though!

Check out BansheeHQ.com and Planetsand.com-if you have not already-a couple of pretty cool sites-

Well folks I have piloted my newest addiction. And whatever the warrior had that this one doesnt was soon forgotten. All I can say is WOW! Those babies move my big ass damn fast. Handling was awsome surprisingly. Im sure there are plenty out there faster but Its definitely the quad driving you and not you driving the quad. Alomst scarry ....NAH FCKN BAD ASS!

Well folks I have piloted my newest addiction. And whatever the warrior had that this one doesnt was soon forgotten. All I can say is WOW! Those babies move my big ass damn fast. Handling was awsome surprisingly. Im sure there are plenty out there faster but Its definitely the quad driving you and not you driving the quad. Alomst scarry ....NAH FCKN BAD ASS!
Aint that an oxymoron?
No? Maybe a contradiction?

Back