Runs for 10 minutes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dprouse

Reaction score
This is my first post, too bad its in the problems section. I bought a 1998 warrior 2 months ago. It runs like a champ but now it dies on me. It runs on a cold start, after 10 or 15 minutes it dies and will not start. This happens during idle and during riding. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong with my new favorite toy?

two things to check first check the carb boot for any cracks or damage and clean the carb. also if it has a fuel filter check it. well start with these, they are the most common things that need attention. when you check the carb boot which is between the carb and jug, youll need to flex it a bit to see small things. if all this is good we'll go from there.

Alright, I got a carb rebuild kit today. I'll let you know on Monday how things went.

Put the carb back on and it ran like a dream! To bad It only ran for like a minute lol. Pulled the spark plug and now I have no spark.

I checked all the grounds and cleaned them up. Called my local dealer and they said they would do a complete system check for $60. I'm going to drop it off tomorrow.

No dont, you can send it to ricksmotorsportelectrics.com and they will check the whole system for $10 and there is another place that someone knows of that will do it for free but i cant remember who it is?

Well it looks like I'm going to have to put the warrior on hold for a little bit, the old ford I've had for ten years decided to spring a leak. Talk about bad luck.

Well I got the warrior up and running this weekend, I went with my gut feeling and replaced the CDI. Went ahead and replaced the ignition coil while I was working on it. I got both from RM Stator, great parts!

Back