running with bent valve

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike75925

Reaction score
this is the only thing that makes sense. my exhaust valve is not sealed like it should be. when looking at the sealing area of the valve, about one quarter is black. the seat is all silver in color. is this normal, or did whoever not lap the valve whenever? the reason i say running on bent valve is, i ran the engine just prior to tear down. if the valve was not bent, it would be silver all the way around, correct?

You'd know if it was bent. And if the seat is all silver your good. The valve is seating just fine. I think I'm confused about what part is quarter black though. Have any pics?

it's more like a third. my digital camera quit on me. when you are looking at the head of the valve, where you put the three angle grind, 2/3 is silver, and 1/3 is still black. my experience with bent valves is they cause the vehicle not to run. this warrior has a supertrapp on it, so any sounds that are different i chocked up to the pipe. when rotating the valve, there are some spots where the amount of light getting through are less, but at no angle is there complete darkness. i am aware that valves can and do rotate against the seat.

Back